BSA Youth Protection and Adult Leadership
All adults staying overnight in connection with a Scouting activity must be currently registered as an adult volunteer or an adult program participant. Adult volunteers must register in the position(s) they are serving in. Registration as a merit badge counselor position does not meet this requirement.
- Completion of application including criminal background check and mandatory Youth Protection training
- Volunteer Screening Database check
Adult program participants must register as adults and follow Youth Protection policies.
Register in Troop 51 here: BSA Registration – Troop 51 Herndon VA
BSA Adult Registration fee is $60.
For more information: https://www.scouting.org/health-and-safety/gss/gss01/
Troop 51 Policy for Adult Registration
Troop 51 will pay for adult registrations for those applying to be registered as an adult leader with Troop 51 as their primary unit. The adult must be assigned to a position of responsibility completing at least one required role or task and have at least 50% attendance. Position of responsibility does not simply include “Committee Member” and must be a specific position, e.g., Committee Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Training.
- Adult Volunteer/Leader BSA Registration: $60
- Required for all adult leaders and new for this year, including adults attending event overnights (per BSA policy).
- The Troop will subsidize adult leader registration ($60), but not those without leadership positions.
Youth Protection Training (YPT)
- Youth Protection training is required for all BSA registered volunteers and is a joining requirement.
- Youth Protection training must be taken every two years.
More information can be found here: Youth Protection Training